It is now officially December (hard to tell when it is 72 degrees outside)! Hope you ate too much during your Thanksgiving break. All of the rental properties managed by Alabama Rental Managers are within a 60 minute drive from Birmingham, AL, so I thought I would post some fun activities for the holiday season.
1. Annual City of Birmingham Christmas Tree Lighting: This event will be held at Linn Park in Birmingham from 5:00 PM-7:00 PM on December 2nd (tomorrow). This is a FREE event.
2. Zoolight Safari: This event will be held December 5-7, 12-14, 18-23, 26-31 from 5:00 PM- 9:00 PM at the Birmingham Zoo. Cost is $8 to get in and $3.50 per ride. Holiday lights, visits with Santa, Festive Music, and the Candy Cane Train are a few events that you will be able to experience during Zoolight Safari.
3. Christmas Movie Classics at the Alabama Theatre: Don’t miss this great experience! During the month of December, the Alabama Theatre will be showing holiday movies. You can find the movie schedule here: http://alabamatheatre.com/events/ . Cost is $8 per person. So plan a time to watch your favorite Christmas movie in a unique setting with family & friends.
4. Alabama Ballet presents The Nutcracker: A Christmas classic! Come see the Alabama Ballet perform their version of the Nutcracker at the Leslie Stephen Wright Center at Samford University. Cost ranges from $25-$55 depending on where you choose to sit. They will be performing December 11- 21. You can see the schedule on Samford University’s website here: http://www.samford.edu/wrightcenter/events.aspx .
5. North Pole Express: This is a magical train ride, themed after the Polar Express. You will enjoy milk & cookies, sing Christmas Carols, and Santa & his elves will be there to visit! This event is held at the Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum in Calera. Here is a link to their website that shows dates and times: http://www.hodrrm.org/ . Costs range from $27-$47, depending on the train car you select. Children 2 years and younger are free.
6. Manheim Steamroller Concert: A great way to put you in the holiday spirit! Manheim Steamroller will be putting on a Christmas concert and light show at the Birmingham Jefferson Civic Center on December 23rd. Tickets range from $40-$85 depending on seat location.