Recipe: Blackberry Jalapeno Margaritas
- ¾ cup tequila
- ½ cup triple sec or grand marnier
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup blackberry Jalapeno Syrup (see below)
- ice cubes
- fresh blackberries and lime wedges for garnish
- Blackberry Jalapeno Syrup, makes 1 ½ cups
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 2 jalapeno peppers, minced
- Lime wedges
- Sugar for the rim
- To make the syrup: Combine the sugar and water in a small pot and bring to a brief boil over medium heat.
- Transfer the syrup to a blender and add the blackberries and the jalapenos. Blend until smooth. To extract the seeds, pour through a fine mesh strainer into an airtight container or mason jar. Refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- To make the margaritas: Rim 4 glasses with a lime wedge and then dip them into a dish filled with sugar. Upright the glasses and fill them with ice.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with the tequila, triple sec, lime juice and 1 cup of the Blackberry Jalapeno syrup, plus a handful of ice. Shake vigorously and strain the margaritas into the prepared glasses.
- Garnish with fresh blackberries and lime wedges and serve. YUM!
Recipe courtesy of Heather Christo!