Winter is coming! Here are some tips to keep your home comfortable and safe this season:
- Test your heat. If you have the option to run emergency heat, do that as well. This will burn off the dust that causes the burning smell that may set off smoke alarms. If you have a gas furnace, make sure the gas is turned on and the pilot light is lit.
- Keep your kitchen and tub faucets dripping during the night to prevent pipes from freezing.
- Open the cabinet doors under your sinks so warmer air can circulate around the pipes.
- Insulate your outside spigots. These can freeze up and cause all kinds of trouble. They sell spigot covers at Target, Kmart & Walmart, as well as other stores.
- Turn off irrigation systems.
- Bring water hoses inside and store them for the winter.
If you have an emergency (anything that makes the home uninhabitable) please contact our office at 205-824-5008. We are open Monday thru Friday from 8:30am-5:00pm. If you call the office outside of these hours, the answering service can take a message for you and send it to our on call phone for any emergencies. We will take care of you as soon as we can!